Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Magic S'mores Bars"

Oh my goodness these were delicious!  I found this recipe for a cookie/bar type s'more dessert and made them for Monday's July 4th festivities.  They were easy to make, with just a few ingredients...that alone wins high marks in my book!  

Ingredients:
2 wrapped packages of graham crackers
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (they used semi-sweet, but I used milk chocolate)
2 cups (approximately) marshmallows
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (but I forgot to add it's glorious self in the photo below)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Make graham cracker crumbs by putting graham crackers through the food processor.  (Or you could also smash in a closed freezer bag.)

Next melt the butter and mix with graham cracker crumbs.  Press into a 9x13 pan.  Bake for 5 minutes. 


Remove from oven.  Sprinkle chocolate chips over the graham cracker crust.  Pour sweetened condensed milk on top.  


Add marshmallows on top.  Bake for 20 minutes or until the marshmallows are lightly browned.  Cool completely before cutting.    


These were crunchy, chewy, chocolatey, and gooey.  So yummy...and that's why I never got a picture of the finished product!  

2 comments:

  1. those dont look Michelle approved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! These look amazing!! They are next on my list to try!! :) Thanks for finding me! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete