Wednesday, November 20, 2013

5 Favoritas

Linking up with Hallie today for some favorites...

1. New-ish jeans.  
I got my sewing machine out last week and made easy alterations on 2 pairs of jeans, hemming one piar and taking in another.  This tutorial by Refashion Mama on hemming jeans, and keeping the original "jean" hem was great - I'm going to keep it in mind the next time I'm shopping for my short self.  

And this tutorial by Freshly Picked on altering jeans by taking them in on the sides was very helpful. Glad I took the plunge on both of these are have been loving having 2 "new" pairs of jeans to wear!  

The only picture I have of my work was of me in the mirror, standing on the toilet in my altered jeans for my fashion grad sister...not worthy to post.  But she did approve!  

Have you heard about this???  It's a free app that lets you choose deals/coupons (5-50% off!) to use at Target.  Just select which deals to add to your cart and then present your phone when you check out to be scanned.  So easy!  Love me some good dealz!

image

3.  Clementines.  
They're herrrrrrrrrre!  


And I love that Clare loves them so much.    

4.  The color fossil grey by Glidden.  
Color matched in Sherwin Williams cashmere paint.  And purchased during their 40% sale.  
Win - win - win.  And currently being rolled out by my husband.  :) 

5.  Crock pot soups!  
The Cheese Tortellini Soup I shared yesterday is a current favorite here.  But I also love making Potato Soup (and I know you do, too, Kathleen!) and Chicken & Wild Rice Soup is another one of my very favorites!  Delicious, hot, easy dinner - check! 

  





2 comments: