Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Update

Popping in for our big news this weekend...Clare made her First Reconciliation on Saturday morning!  We are so proud of how she prepared herself for the sacrament.  (She has been practicing the Act of Contrition every night since the last day of 1st grade - maybe too much because last night Ellen prayed it saying: "Oh my God I am heartly sorry for having offended anyone named Clare.")

On Saturday morning, Clare wore the same bracelet she wore on her Baptism - a gift from my parents that has a cross and miraculous medal on it.  Each child was given a book about Reconciliation to complete after they had been to confession.  The prayer that Clare wrote said, "I felt so happy when I left confession.  I want to go back again!"  


Afterwards, we celebrated the occasion with a fro-yo stop...


Next up - First Holy Communion on May 17!


2 comments:

  1. She looks so proud. Praying for you sweet Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh...ellen is such a riot!

    ReplyDelete