Friday, September 9, 2011

A Week of "Firsts."

We have had a very eventful week here!  

Ellen's 1st birthday was Monday.

She enjoyed opening her cards.



And riding on her new pink horse/bike from Daddy, Mommy, Clare, and Juuuuuuuude!


Giving the horse kisses. 



Looking up at Daddy.  All of our kids seem to really 
fall head over heals for Ryan when they turn 1.  


What a big girl!


And here is her monkey birthday cake that I made.  I think it turned out pretty well.  (I made 2 round cakes, stacked them, trimmed a triangle-ish shape from either side, used chocolate donuts for the ears, and junior mints for the nose and eyes.)


Jude was waaaaaaay into the party hats.  He wore his most of the day.  


Happy Birthday Dear Ellen!



(Thought I was doing good on baby weight lost...but whoa - look at those chins...or don't!!)
Yummy!



Tuesday was Jude's 1st day of preschool!  (How did that happen??)  We were running a little late, but I still wanted to take a quick picture.  He was upset that I had closed the door to the garage behind him.


Opening it back up made for a happier picture...which was then taken with his pretend jigsaw.  
Of course.  



What a big boy!

And what a week!  "TGIF!"


2 comments:

  1. Now THAT is an awesome monkey cake. Have a great, relaxing (hopefully!) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great birthday party! You look great, Tricia. And *who* is that teenager in the background in zebra print? I love the picture of Ellen kissing her horse, and the frowning Jude picture. TGIF was the very first thought I had when I woke this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete