Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkins!

We planted one pumpkin seed this year and prayed we would get 3 pumpkins out of it....and we did!  When the pumpkins were about the size of a softball I took a nail and lightly scratched the kids' names on each of them.  



Each name grew along with the pumpkin and Clare and Jude thought it was so neat to have their very own pumpkins!  



So far we have "harvested" Jude and Ellen's pumpkins.  (They were pretty much off the vine.)  


Clare's is still thriving on the vine, so we will have to see how big it gets by Halloween!  It was a lot of fun for the kids (and me!) to grow our very own pumpkins this year!  



2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! We had 7 plants and only got one (very small) pumpkin, which ended up getting borred into by some insect. Squash beetles took over. I think I was more bummed than Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too jealous, Erin...this is the one and only thing I have ever ever ever successfully grown! :)

    ReplyDelete