Friday, March 22, 2013

Prepping for #4

Sharing with Jen and company how I prepped for Baby #4...

1.   

OK, and now we'll move on with the other practical ways...  

2.
I worked double-time over the past few weeks by doubling some recipes and stocking the the freezer.  I assembled and froze some crockpot meals as well.  I have always done this before a new baby arrives and that was motivation in itself to have freezer meals on hand!


3.
In addition to stocking the freezer, I stocked the linen closets in anticipation of post-partum-hood.  I don't like HAVING to run to the store all crazy with a newborn if I don't have to because we are out of anything.  So I did the same thing that I did when Ellen was born and have a small stock pile (I use that term very loosely) of shampoo, toothpaste, qtips, toilet paper, soap, diapers, wipes, rubbing alcohol, etc.  If Y2K hits, we are prepared.    

4.  
Ellen is well-adjusted to her big girl room and bed.  The transition couldn't have been any easier.  She's been VERY excited about her big girl bed.  I wish I could add that she's potty-trained, too, but let's not be too crazy!


5. 
My hospital bag was mostly packed and ready to go.  I also made a list of last-minute things to grab, which came in handy at 3 AM.  And of course there was an overnight bag ready for the kids in case we needed to grab that one, too.      

6.
The kids' Easter baskets are d-o-n-e.  I didn't want to have to send Ryan to the store on Holy Saturday on a chocolate-bunny-goose chase, so I was the first to buy bunnies when they were on display after Valentine's Day.  Our jelly beans and other goodies are also in hiding, as well as a few other treats.


(Hope my post-partum brain forgets where I hid these until Easter...)


7.  
I'm sporting a "mom-haircut"...by accident.  There was some miscommunication between the hairdresser and me...but in the end it doesn't take me long to manage my hair because there's a lot less of it!  So that's practical...at least that's what I'm telling myself!


Have a great weekend!
   
  

5 comments:

  1. Tricia, you are seriously amazing! If I do half as well as you do with all this stuff when the time comes, I'll be doing very well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just hire you to come in Sept? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a small fee. Or you can have Jude...he's really good at burping a baby!!

      Delete
  3. Tricia...you are amazing! I love the staying at home time with a new baby time too...And just have to add...the hair cut looks great!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I love the first picture the best, so appropriate.
    Also, you are way way way more on top of it that I'll ever be- Easter baskets done?! You are the bomb mom!!

    ReplyDelete