Monday, August 8, 2011

Bathrooms...Swimming and Cleaning

It was supposed to rain here on Friday...of course all we got was a handful of sprinkles.  It looked dreary (and was humid) out all day, so we stayed indoors.  

While Ellen napped Clare and Jude wanted to swim...in my bathtub.  So they donned their bathing suits and I made up a big tub of bubbles for them.  




And I cleaned my bathroom while they "swam."  


I like using Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castille Soap on my shower.  Pour the soap directly on a wet sponge and go to town.  (This stuff goes a long way...this bottle has lasted me almost 2 years!  And I love the peppermint smell...yum!)


I make up this mixture in spray bottles for sinks and toilets:
1 gallon of hot water
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 tablespoons Dr. Bronner's      

To keep my glass shower door clean I put plain old dish soap on a sponge (or a magic eraser works well, too) and scrub the door.  It gets all of the soap scum off and leaves the door streak-free.

By the time I had finished cleaning, Clare and Jude wanted to get out their beach towels and play "beach" with the beach box.



Good times!


   


1 comment:

  1. This is what my Mom did with us as kids! How fun to relive the memories through your blog :)
    I am your newest follower!
    Blessings!
    Janiene

    ReplyDelete