Monday, August 1, 2011

Blog Inspiration

I am involved in the MOPS group at our parish.  It has been a wonderful way for an out-of-towner like me to meet people and make new friends.

At the beginning of the year we had Judy Crawford speak at our MOPS meeting.  The basis of her book "Time Out for Tired Moms" was the subject of her talk.  Judy's book is an 8 week devotional that ends with the challenge for a mother to "Pursue the Dream."  The dream is something you aspire to do outside of motherhood.  It is a way to give yourself an identity outside of just being "So-And-So's-Mom," but at the same time keeping your children as your #1 priority.

At the beginning of the year I kept toying with the idea of writing a blog and during her talk I felt encouraged to take the steps to do so.  My decision was finalized when I won the "doorprize" at our meeting, Judy's book "Time Out for Tired Moms."


Now 6 months later, I am fortunate to have been accepted into the Blogher family and am excited at what lies ahead!  So I encourage you to take the plunge into that one thing you have been waiting to try! You never know when God is holding a door open for you.

As Judy quotes Philippians 3:14 in her book:
"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  

No comments:

Post a Comment