Monday, October 15, 2012

Pumpkin Prayer

Jude brought this "pumpkin prayer" home in his backpack last week and I thought I would share:


Dear Jesus,

As I carve my pumpkin, help me pray this prayer:

Open my mind so I can learn about You.  (Cut the top off the pumpkin.)

Take all my sin and forgive the wrong that I do.  (Clean out the inside.)

Open my eye so Your love I will see.  (Cut eyes shaped like hearts.)

I'm sorry for the times I've turned up y nose at what You've given me.  
(Cut a nose in the shape of a cross.) 

Open my ears so Your word I will hear.  (Cut ears shaped like the Bible.)

Open my mouth to tell others You're near.  (Cut the mouth in the shape of a fish.)

Let Your light shine in all I say and do!  (Place a candle inside the pumpkin and light it.)  

Amen.











2 comments:

  1. Love that! what a cool way to bring it back to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea. I'm totally doing this with the kids...Rachel

    ReplyDelete