Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Fall Y'all

I forced myself wait until it was actually October to put out our pumpkins and other fall decor.
(I've been ready for fall for awhile...)  


My two favorites are the felt leaf garland that I made last year for the banister upstairs...  



...and the fall wreath I made for the front door 2 years ago.  


I'm also loving my new Walmart $2.99 festive plate in my plate rack.  


Jude especially likes the acorns this year and has us all repeating after him how to pronounce "acorn:"
"Say 'a.' "  
"Say 'corn.' " 
He's a genius!   


Ellen was v-e-r-y quiet the other day and I went upstairs to find that she had pretty much murdered a scarecrow...  

  
And Clare is happy with her TP pumpkin she made in pre-k.
(Displayed high in her room, refer to scarecrow above for reasoning why.)  


I even stocked up on candy for trick-or-treaters while we were grocery shopping the other day.  Jude, Ellen, and I each enjoyed a piece and then I hid the stash in the basement.  Although I figure the flight of stairs I'm running up and down to fix my afternoon chocolate craving is burning off eating said chocolate, right??    




1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh i cracked up laughing at the murdered scarecrow! haha!

    ReplyDelete