Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Egg Tree


Every Holy Saturday I pull out Ryan's all-time favorite holiday decoration...the Easter Egg tree I made in 3rd grade:  


(Maybe he's just jealous that I was talented enough to paint striped and polka-dot Easter Eggs at age 8.)

Anyway, I have seen much larger Easter Egg trees that are a bit more appealing to the sophisticated eye at various decorating stores.  The price tag on one was $50.  So I decided to put my creative juices to work and make one.  It was so easy and inexpensive and turned out pretty well!

The kids helped me find a good branch at the creek near our house that had fallen from the recent storms.  


I painted it white with extra white paint I had in the basement.  (Might have been easier to spray paint, but I just used what I had on hand.)   


I put the dried branch in a pot and filled the pot in with some rocks.  The branch easily stood straight.  


I added some extra Spanish moss I had leftover from this wreath project.  (A bit nicer than using regular Easter grass.)


I bought a "branch" of flowers from Walmart (or any craft store) and cut it into individual flower pieces.



 Next, I hot glued the flowers randomly on the branches.


 Added some Easter Egg ornaments (from the Dollar Store no less!) and it was finished!


(PS - I'm still putting my 3rd grade tree out on Saturday...)

Linking with todayscreativeblog.net

8 comments:

  1. Very crafty Tricia! I was always secretly jealous of your Easter egg tree.

    P.S. Thanks for the birthday shout out yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Easter tree Tricia! It turned out beautiful!!!! I have the same easter eggs from the dollar store on my dollar store tree. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute--and I have some branches already...hmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Easter trees - both of them!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers added on to it. That really spruces up the look a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love it! Thanks for sharing at manic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing, I adore these 'special trees' Happy Easter, take care and enjoy! Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete