Friday, April 8, 2011

Moss Wreath

I have been wanting to get a new "anytime" wreath for my front door ever since I painted it black to match the shutters on our house.  

The door was originally red.  (The previous owner had a thing for red and for cherries...not really my thing.)

**Try not to notice the large reflection of that barefoot pregnant gal (me) who took this
picture last year when the storm door was installed.
 
I had a grapevine wreath, but it was hardly noticeable on a black door.  


Someone had shared this wreath and blog on facebook and I thought it sounded simple (and inexpensive), so I gave it a try. 

All you need is Spanish Moss (found at Hobby Lobby) and a glue gun.   


I simply glued the Spanish moss all over a grapevine wreath, layering somewhat as I went.  
Very fool-proof. 

It leaves a bit of a mess so it would probably be a good idea to make the wreath outside.   

Someone thought it was fun to pretend he was a cow and was eating the grass as I glued.  



Finished product.  Perfect for spring!

4 comments:

  1. I love simple green wreaths like this. They look classy year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moss is so messy but so beautiful too! Love your little guy pretending to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so simple and that makes it beautiful. How I love it! I think you have a great blog. I'm a new follower. I would love it if you could come stop by my new blog and see if you would like to follow me too. @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/
    You can link up to my Sunday party while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your transition from a red door to a black one that matches the shutters is quite bold and stylish. It is your choice of finding an appropriate wreath that demonstrates how you pay attention to details.

    In a colorful city like San Francisco, which is full of creativity, the spirit of your wreath project lies in its resourcefulness and inventiveness. Urban life is not only hell but also heaven: it’s an opportunity for people to create unique things around themselves even if it's just personalizing their front doors or motorcycles. And by the way, speaking about motorbikes specifically, with the peculiar urban environment available at hand, motorcycle towing san francisco becomes critical for convenience.

    ReplyDelete