Friday, April 13, 2012

Chicken Penne

This is one of our favorite dinner recipes.  (I snagged it from my sister-in-law who had borrowed it from someone else.)  Now that we are enjoying grilling temperatures, this will be enjoyed a lot over the spring and summer months.


Chicken Penne

Marinade chicken breasts (1/2 per person) for at least 3 hours in this mixture (then save the marinade):
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
4 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons grey poupon
4 tablespoons sugar

Grill chicken and cube.
Toss grilled chicken with 1 pound of cooked penne pasta.
Boil marinade to thicken for 1 minute, then mix in with penne.  
Add 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (optional) and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese to pasta and serve.    

Linking here.
http://todayscreativeblog.net/
betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Looks so good Tricia! I have some left over chicken I can use this weekend. Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I want to try this:>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This sounds soo good:) Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up to Romance on a Dime. I'm your newest follower. I hope you come back and link up next Tuesday!! (I'm pinning this.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from DIY by Design - looks yummy! I can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    I followed you over from Somewhat Simple’s Link Party. This sounds and looks delicious.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Link up until Monday 4-23-12)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tricia!
    I am totally craving this right now! Looks awesome!
    Thanks for linking up this week - so happy to have you here!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using Balsamic vinegar for the spring months. Plus we can't get enough pasta at our house. Thanks so much for sharing at whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got around to making this tonight. Had to bake the chicken instead of grilling as it was raining, but it was still great (but I'm sure even better with grilled chicken. Best part wax that the kids asked for seconds.

    ReplyDelete