Monday, April 30, 2012

"Lite" Chocolate Cake

When I saw this recipe on pinterest I was intrigued.  "Healthy" version of chocolate cake?  Yes, please!

This is one of those 3 ingredient wonders (if you count water as an ingredient).

Simply combine 1 box of chocolate (or any flavor) cake mix with 1 cup of plain greek yogurt (original recipe says fat free, but I had "lowfat" on hand that was due to expire) and 1 cup of water.


Mixture looks like chocolate mousse.  


Spray cake pan(s) and bake according to directions on box.  

I decided cupcakes were a better option for us because they would store better (and dictate portion control).


The outcome?  Pretty much tastes like a chocolate angel food cake.  
And my ultimate taste testers, the kids, loved them! 
And so easy to make! 

(I left these cupcakes "bald" since I didn't have any icing on hand, or want to add more calories to them.)

Might have to try my hand at the other recipes listed here.    

Linking here.  

12 comments:

  1. These look yummy! I pinned this recipe for future reference. Found your blog on DIY by Design's link party. I'm your newest follower. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! this looks like something my little ones can help with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really good! I am going to have to try it. Thanks so much for sharing this as well at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tricia!!! This looks so darn good!!! It's going in my must try recipes!!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!!
    BTW, don't forget to put my button or link on your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious!!! So fun! I'd love it if you would share it on my Fun Stuff Fridays link up party. I think my readers would love this. It just opened up!!

    -ashley
    http://pencilleddaydream.wordpress.com/2012/05/04/fun-stuff-fridays-link-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! And I'm glad it's lite!! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a Dime.

    I'll have to pin it so I can remember to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angel food cake is a favorite of mine. If it makes it healthier I'm in. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using Greek yogurt. Never knew I could make a cake like this without any eggs? I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featured you!

    http://www.makinglemonadeblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/refresh-your-nest-fabulous-features.html

    ReplyDelete

  10. Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop
    this week!

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good astrologycal post,thank you for sharing with community.
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives Best Sofa Repair Services in Kathriguppe,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete