Monday, October 8, 2012

Conversations with my Kids...

I feel like I'm repeating myself when talking to 75% of my housemates lately...


Last year, two of my sisters got married and the term "fiance"entered Clare's vocabulary.  Somehow Clare and her kindergarten crush "Lucas P." became each others' fiances.  The other day Lucas' family announced they are moving to Atlanta.  Clare acted cool about the announcement, but since then there have been a lot of questions about the weather, time of day, current season, and distance to Atlanta, Georgia.      

Jude's recent bedtime routine involves telling us that his bed is too thin, or sometimes too fat.  (Don't worry, we're not sure what he means by that, either.)  Other bed issues involve it being too hard or too soft.  The end result is always that he simply can't sleep in it.  So he ends up on the couch in the loft or in his sleeping bag on the floor in his room.  Both so much more comfortable than an actual bed.
 
And a certain 2 year-old has been repeating the phrase: "Of course I can!"  Although this is more of a monologue than a dialogue...

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment