Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes

Coming up out of the depths with what's been going down here...

1.  Our week started off with a Daytona 500 win from our (Ryan's) beloved Dale Earnhardt, Jr!  That's pretty much been the high of the week.  Especially since the last time Dale won that race was in 2004 after we had been married about 6 weeks.  I realized then what I had gotten myself into.  Ha ha.    

2.  It has actually been a pretty low-key week here, which I actually like.  It's nice to be home with Ellen and Michael and not rushing about.  I've actually made a few freezer meals this week (for days/weeks that are a bit more hectic), caught up on laundry, role-played Barbie in a Pony Tale more times than I care to admit, and have a full day of cleaning ahead of me today!  

3.  Michael has learned to pull himself to a standing position and now stands everywhere and anywhere.  He has also discovered the stairs which pretty much means my life is over.  I'm not looking forward to resurrecting the baby gate at the bottom of the steps, but I'm also not looking forward to rescuing him off the steps 23498758 times a day...


4.  I've made 2 batches of these muffins over the past few weeks.  Mostly because Post raisin bran was on sale for $1.77 a box...and Clare informed me after I bought 2 boxes that she only likes the grocery store's (generic) raisin bran granola.  So I've been enjoying many muffins for breakfast!  And there's still an unopened box in the pantry...   

5.  Another link to this gem that the adults in the house have watched several times...  Ryan's video editing skills are impressed by this wonder. 


6.  This girl.  


She's been into straightening her naturally curly blonde locks, and looks so different with her hair straight!  Too funny.   
(And while shopping at Target this week, we passed by this wall decor and she wanted to buy it for Ryan...because the glasses on it reminded her of her BFF.)


7.  Wrapping up with words a friend shared with us this week that I have heard a million times before but needed to hear again...

Never underestimate the power of prayer!

Go see Jen for more!


5 comments:

  1. That Rapper's Delight bit was so funny, I think I saw it on Fallon? We record his show and watch it the next day because he never fails to make us laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a very useful blog,thank you for sharing this post with us,keep posting like useful blogs.
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives Sofa Refurbishing in C V Raman Nagar,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete