Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Best Macaroni and Cheese Ever!

There are certain foods Ryan has asked me never to cook...any and all casseroles, tuna noodle casserole, macaroni and cheese...  But over the summer our friends had us over for dinner and served homemade macaroni and cheese that.Ryan.loved.  My kids all devour this when I make it!  (Especially Ellen!)



Here is the recipe...
Ingredients: 
1 lb. elbow macaroni
2/3 of the 16 oz. block of Velveeta cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar (or whatever other cheese you would like)
1/2 cup of butter

Cook macaroni; drain and salt and pepper according to taste.

Spread half of noodles in 9x13 greased dish. Dot with 4 tablespoons of butter.  Cover with combination of Velveeta and shredded cheddar.  (I microwaved the cheese together for about 30 seconds to make it more "mixable.")  Layer rest of noodles, dot with last 4 tablespoons of butter and cover with remaining half of cheeses.  

Pour milk over mixture so that when you push you index finger through to the bottom of the dish the milk reaches the first knuckle of you finger.

Bake at 350 covered for about 20 to 30 minutes.  Uncover and continue cooking till brown but not dry.

3 comments:

  1. This looks so amazing.. YUM.. Great recipe.. I'm stopping in from Blessed with Grace and I would LOVE for you to please share this recipe via my Three Weeks Of Thanks Linky party please.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/thankful-for-food.html - TY.. Wishing you an awesome Tuesday.. ~M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always looking for a great mac 'n cheese recipe, and this sounds so easy! Maybe I'll even add buttered bread crumbs to the top to make it more fancy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man n Cheese is my favorite! Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete