Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mini-Make Ahead Eggs

Ellen loves scrambled eggs for breakfast.  (I have tried feeding her every other breakfast food: dry cereal, waffles, French toast, French toast sticks, bananas, oatmeal, pancakes...not a fan of any of those.)  And while school mornings here can be a bit hectic, I usually don't want to be dealing with egg shells, salmonella, and watching eggs scramble during the morning hours.  It's also easiest if Ellen is in her high chair (and not underfoot) in the morning.  

So I thought it would be easier if I made a bunch of mini-quiche style eggs for her at the beginning of the week and could just pop them in the microwave for her on busy mornings.  

I scrambled 6 eggs and added a splash of milk, mixing everything together.  I sprayed my muffin tin poured the eggs into 6 muffin spots and baked them at 350 for about 20 minutes.  Easy.  Now I just pop one "muffin" in the microwave for 10 seconds and breakfast is served.    


Makes for happier and easier mornings for everyone!


PS - Happy Birthday to our favorite Aunt Jane!  :) 

Linking with:

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could do that I'd love it if you would add this to my party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were one of the most viewed links at last week's {wow me} wednesday party! Congrats! :) Featuring YOU tonight! Hope to see ya again this week!

    Ginger @ gingersnapcrafts.com

    http://www.gingersnapcrafts.com/2011/11/wow-me-wednesday-27.html

    ReplyDelete