Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shower Curtain Road Map

With the doldrums of winter settling in, Jude and I made this road map together.  (Originally pinned here.  They have an easy idea for making your road width the same on the entire map.)  
I bought a white shower curtain liner from the Dollar Store.  We spread it out on the basement floor and drew the road to our city (by no means an accurate representation.)  


Then we added some of our favorite places around town with a black sharpie marker.


The kids have slowly started coloring in some of their favorite places.  

I wish we were able to stop by the pool right about now!

And a famous race car has been making frequent visits all over town!




And even making pit stops in our driveway!


Total cost for cabin fever entertainment...........$1!

Linking with these parties.  

12 comments:

  1. I just came across your site and LOVE it! You are very creative and I can't wait to see what you do next!

    JulieK
    http://jk-littlebitofbling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea. I pinned it yesterday, and forgot to comment to thank you. I think I might just make this for my son for his birthday, he would love it! Although my drawing skills are lacking, but hopefully they will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen - Glad you liked this. Here's another cute idea if you have more time...
      http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2011/07/felt-car-mat-with-tutorial.html#comment-36930

      Delete
  3. Gotta pin this one! What a great idea. :-) I like that you can personalize it to your own community and the places your own child knows and like to visit. So much better than a store bought car mat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a fun idea - my kids could take forever coloring that and would love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very smart idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT idea! I love it! Going to pin it :)
    You should join me for Handmade 52! http://www.raisingoranges.blogspot.com --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! How cute is this! I love it! Once my little ones get into cars Ill have to make this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fun idea. I know a couple of little guys in my house that would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever! What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing at my party!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I will have to do this with Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the idea!! Thanks for sharing and keep posting about curtains singapore btw you can visit also our website https://www.cottoncare.com.sg offering services in affordable prices! Ty godbless.

    ReplyDelete