Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A "Blogoversary"

It's been 1 year since I started my blog.  And 261 posts later...I'm still here and growing by the day!  A big thank you to those who have stopped by everyday (Hi Dad and Mom!), those who have encouraged me along the way (Hi Ryan!), those who have joined me along the way, and those who have flattered me with a shout-out on their own blogs.

I started blogging after being inspired by Judy Crawford, a speaker at a MOPS meeting, to "Pursue the Dream."         

And in pursing my dream, I have enjoyed seeing the art of homemaking in blogland this past year.  I love seeing people passionate about making their homes beautiful for their families...from what they hang on the front door to what they put on their dinner table.

Living far from my family and my hometown, I am constantly trying to make my new home "feel like home."  Obviously being surrounded by my husband and children takes the cake.  But there are other "things" I find that help make me feel more at home.

I feel like I belong when I am active and involved at our church and my children's schools.  I also feel a sense of rapport when we take part in activities and events around our community.  I like making family traditions and good memories for my children.  Consistency, being surrounded by what is familiar (including the faces of family and good friends), and knowing what to expect make any place feel more like home to me.  Nothing replaces the feeling of walking into my childhood home, and so I want to give that same feeling to my own children.

Thank you for making this blog feel like home to me!

     


4 comments:

  1. Sweet! Happy Blogoversary! I just started blogging a month ago so I give you mad props! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on one year, that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Looking forward to reading another year of posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Article you know your article it's useful me. it's really good and helping your article and yes thanks for sharing information
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives Sofa Refurbishing in Vimanapura,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete