Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dinner for a New Mom (and Family)

I recently took a meal to a family that had a new baby.  (What's better than receiving a homemade dinner delivered to your door??)  Here's what I brought for dinner...




Fresh pineapple ready to eat.  I always like having fruit cut up and ready to eat in the fridge after having a baby.  Makes me feel like I'm headed toward massive weight loss.

Black bean and corn salsa with tortilla chips.


Dessert.  (This was around Christmas, but I think any type of dessert is always welcomed by a nursing mother!  If you gave her fruit, she deserves something sweet, too.)

I brought everything in disposable containers that didn't need to be returned and didn't need to be washed.

I doubled the main entree so my crew had the same dinner that night.  Easy for me, too.



5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet of you, Tricia! I love this! Both doing it and having it done for me...I am quite certain you made a new mom and her family very happy that evening. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice idea!

    I chose you to to win the Liebster awared. Check it out and have a great day!


    http://barefootbrunettek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. I always labor over what to make for another family. I always worry they won't like it but then, what's not to like about a dinner you don't have to cook yourself, right? I love your meal and will use it the next time I get to provide a meal for another family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog. Nice explanation with helpful information.
    For sofa repair work contact thesofastore gives Sofa Refurbishing in Doddakallasandra,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete