Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Yarn Wreath with Felt Flowers

My sister, Katie, found this idea online and made one for the door in her dining room that leads out to her deck.



I thought it would be fun to make one for my front door for St. Patrick's Day.

All you need for this is a straw wreath - I even left the plastic wrapping on - (or Katie used a foam wreath), yarn, felt, glue, and scissors.


Tie the yarn around the wreath and wrap it tightly around the entire wreath.  
   

Next you can add some felt flowers.  Take a square of felt and cut it into a wavy circle.


Cut the circle into a spiral.


Beginning at the middle of the spiral, tightly wrap the felt around itself to create a flower shape.


When you reach the end of the felt glue the last part onto the flower that has formed.


Last, pin (or glue) the flowers onto the wreath.


Hang and enjoy!











2 comments:

  1. (imagine me saying this with an Irish accent) Well, look at that wee delightful yarn spinning lassy, Patricia, a right keen notion she's got there, and that's no blarney! (AWESOME!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should add some more flowers and then it will be great!

    ReplyDelete