Monday, June 27, 2011

Dishwasher "Gunk"

I recently starting noticing the soap dispenser in my "new" (as of April 2010) dishwasher had some serious build-up going on...  


As luck would have it, I was watching "Real Estate Intervention" on HGTV the other day.  Sabrina Soto mentioned running a packet of lemonade through a cycle on an empty dishwasher to clean out any residue.  It is the citric acid on the lemonade that acts as a cleaning agent.  

For 13 cents a packet of Kool-Aid I was intrigued!  


And 1 cycle later...    


Looking much better!  

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn phone!...lets try this again...

    I'm so doing this! My dishwasher is starting to look like that. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! We have the same problem with our "new" dishwasher.

    Jennifer @ Little Silly Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. best cased vs finish detergent A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete