Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Flags for the 4th

I decided we needed some homemade patriotic color in our house with the 4th of July coming up...  


I bought some fabric in reds, whites, and blues to add to the scrap fabric I had in the same colors.  


Then I cut out a triangle to use as a stencil for the flags.  


I traced, cut out, ironed, and then hemmed the edges of the flags.  (I used the already hemmed edges of the white bandana.)


I had 2 extra dowels from the roman shade I made in Jude's room, so I cut them into shorter pieces to use as flag poles.  

Next, I hot-glued the hemmed flags to the shortened dowels.  



All finished!


(Ellen's getting excited for her 1st "4th!")



I borrowed the beans from the bean box, to help the flags stand up, and dumped them in this blue container.  


Ta-da!


PS -  This fruit pizza always shows up at our July 4th family celebrations.  I'm going to make it this year.  So cool and yummy on a hot 4th!  

8 comments:

  1. Your flags look great! and I love how you made them - so simple!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple but adds great detail!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to add some festive flair for the 4th! Would you stop by and link this up at my patriotic party?!

    http://shakentogether.blogspot.com/2012/06/whats-shakin-link-party-15-patriotic.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simple and fun idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shared you on Facebook this morning http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall

    And will be featuring you in the July 4th spectacular on the blog tomorrow morning! These are so sweet. ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these!! I shared this post on my crafty facebook page : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute idea Tricia!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Enjoy your daughter this holiday!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete