Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cupcake Socks!


I saw this idea on Kim's blog and thought it would be a perfect gift for Ryan's aunts.  Something simple and inexpensive, but thoughtful.  

I started out with some fuzzy slipper socks and decorated scrapbook paper (something to resemble a cupcake wrapper.)  


I removed the ribbon and the tags from the socks, but kept them clipped together (don't want them thinking I'm giving them a used pair of socks!)


Then I put a rubber band around them to keep them rolled up.  I made sure the pom-poms were on top to add to the "cupcake look."


I cut a scalloped edge on the scrapbook paper to make it look like a cupcake liner.  Then I rolled the paper around the socks and hot glued it in place.   


Deliciously cute!



I wrapped them up in a cellophane bag and added a gift tag that reads:



Thanks for the idea, Kim!


LINKING WITH:



7 comments:

  1. Oh doggone that's CUTE!! What a fun way to give a gift that is often given at Christmas :) Come on over and share at my linky party, if you'd like. It's up for one more day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Featured on my facebook page!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Igottacreate/100573240032625?sk=wall
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! You could use it for favors too. I bet the principle would work with washrags etc too.:)
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh LOVE!

    I'm a new follower - Shiloh from everydaygameplan.net pointed me over here; I have a thing for cupcakes. :o)

    Feel free to come by my site and if you like, follow me back!


    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. I love it. I just wish I had seen this about an hour ago when I was wrapping socks. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! Will have to keep that in mind for gift giving. They would be a cute Valentine's gift too!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so adorable! It would be perfect as a little birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete