Thursday, June 7, 2012

Foyer - Before & After

I have made some small changes to our foyer and am happy with how it has turned out.

Here's how it looked shortly after we moved in...


And here's how it looks now.


I painted the same khaki that is in the kitchen awhile ago and I like how it's so much brighter.  

 I recently bought a new rug for this space.  It's a gray indoor/outdoor rug and should wear well, can be washed with dish soap and rinsed with a hose, and won't fade.  Perfect for a high traffic area.


And of course we love the newly-found privacy on the sidelight windows!


 To see how I "frosted" the glass (with contact paper!) click here.

To see the entry by our back door click here.

Linking here:
betweennapsontheporch.net

10 comments:

  1. I love that you didn't just frost the whole window, but put in a pattern.. that is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the before and after but I'm a little partial to that burgundy which I have on three of the four walls on our bedroom. It's gorgeous either way and I'm sure you proud of the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds nice! We actually painted the living room at our old house red! I guess I'm just liking lighter colors right now. :)

      Delete
  3. tricia, looks great and what an awesome idea for an outdoor rug in a high traffic area. good thinking! i never would have thought of that. unfortunately it wasn't until THIS post that i realized i was doing my front door glass all wrong (Steve emphasized that your way was the way he'd been trying to tell me to do it all along...geeze, now i have to start all over tracing and cutting).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, found you through Anti-Procrastination Tuesday party, and this looks just lovely. Good for you for frosting your own glass, too! I am so not crafty or handy that way so I always admire ladies who are. Nice to meet another stay at home mom of little kiddos, I think Ill subscribe and see what other good ideas you have next. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, please link it up with me today at Wow Us Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very attractive / you have a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glazing the glass did more than add to the aesthetic value of the door – it also provided an added security feature too! Aside from lending better privacy, it also helps reinforce the glass so that it wouldn’t easily break or crack. By the way, the pattern looks good with the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great and what an awesome idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete