Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Ice Blocks, Take 2

My kids enjoyed playing with these ice blocks last summer.  


I decided to put a twist on this idea (thanks to pinterest) and made ice blocks last week with small plastic animals frozen inside.




The kids chiseled away for...45 minutes!




Kept them cool and busy and happy!  


 I'm going to be keeping a stash of frozen ice blocks in my freezer all summer!

For more summer activities click here and here.


And don't forget to enter my current giveaway here!






Linking here.  
betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com 


7 comments:

  1. so fun! I'll have to try that. Wonder if my soon-to-be middle schooler will give it a go?;) Still got the "littles" to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this creative kids idea! I will be doing this!
    I would be honored to have you link this up at my "Cowgirl Up!" linky party, going in right now.

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 45 minutes!! I need to make a few of these:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love projects like that! That keep them happy and entertained and are simple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a lot of fun - and 45 minutes is so worth it! I may have to give it a try! Congrats on being the first link of the night and so glad you came by! Giving you a shout out on my Facebook page, Tricia! Thanks for linking up girlfriend!!!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun! They could take it into the pool or tub to cool off and play, too.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha! What a fabulous idea for the kids on a hot summers day! Love it!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete