Friday, June 29, 2012

Quick Takes for Friday

Happy Friday!  
I'm linking up with Jen for a round-up of our week...  

1.)  First things first.  I recently made these cookies and used butterscotch chips.  Of course they were very yummy.  So of course I am highly recommending you use this recipe with your favorite flavored morsels!  



2.)  Ellen's new favorite spot to hang out.  She's finally figured out how to climb up the chairs and is an over-achiever and continues her climb to the top of the island.      




3.) I found this plate at the thrift store sometime after July 4th last year.  It's has a 1981 calendar on it...significant to me because it's Ryan and my birth year.  



4.)  I'm in love with basil pesto.  From a friend's recommendation, I took a loaf of bread from the grocery store bakery, toasted a bit in the oven, drizzled olive oil on top, then topped it with pesto.  Add a glass of red wine and it was delicious!  



5.)  Clare had her 3rd swim meet of the season this past Monday.  Even though she's been rewarded for being a good "participant," she is improving her time as the weeks go on.  And her freestyle is starting to look a lot less "free."



6.) Our good friends hosted brunch last Saturday morning.  We were lucky to enjoy great company as well as amazing food and drinks!  And the kids had a blast on the slip 'n slide.

Thanks for the photos, Kathleen!

I don't photograph well in the summer heat!
  
7.)  I've heard the song "Crazy Train" by Black Sabbath a lot around the house here lately.  Sung by my own offspring.  Multiple times a day.  
They were in the depths of youtube with their father and found this gem.  
I'll let it play us out...  Happy weekend!



PS - Go see Jen for more Quick Takes!

6 comments:

  1. I must try the pesto toast ... with wine of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) That song really sticks in your head!

      Delete
  3. Ellen is too cute! The pesto toast looks amazing!! YUM! Hopefully we get some basil from our CSA soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree. Hope you get some basil soon!!!

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen butterscotch chips in our shops - I shall have to have a look!! And that pesto toast looks scrummy too!

    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your ice blocks idea on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 108
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete