Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pesto Chicken Salad

I love a good chicken salad.  And in the summer when it's too hot to cook, I like making this chicken salad into sandwiches for dinner.  

This recipe is capital De-licious.


Pesto Chicken Salad 

3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
about 3/4 cup mayo
about 1/4 cup pesto *
1/2 cup red grapes, sliced in half (optional)
1/4 cup cashews (optional) 

Mix everything together and let chill before enjoying.  


I like to make a batch of homemade pesto and use it for chicken salad one night and then to serve with pasta another night.

We also like to make this recipe for road trips.  Stuffed in pita bread it's easy for the driver to eat...and it beats anything you can get from a drive-thru!

* Homemade pesto recipe can be found here, or you can use store bought pesto, too.  


Don't forget to enter my current giveaway here!!!






Linking here.  

21 comments:

  1. This looks like a great summer meal! I'll have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy. I have to admit I'm new to pesto - does it matter if you use red or green?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a tasty sounding salad! I love the idea of it inside Pita bread too!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pesto and definitely want to try this recipe. It looks SO good! :-)
    Feel free to stop over and link it up with my "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I'd love to have you join us. Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love chicken salad, but get tired of making it the same way. I haven't thought about adding pesto. I'm definitely going to try this! I'd love to include this recipe and your pesto recipe in an upcoming post. Would you mind if I link back and maybe use a photo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We enjoy chicken salad in the summer .... I have never thought of using pesto, even though we love it! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe looks like a keeper! My every attempt to make chicken salad has failed, thus far. I'm hopeful though :) I WILL try yours! Looks perfect!! Thanks for sharing! -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delish! Cant wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anything pesto is bound to be delish! MMMMM! Can't wait to try it! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you again! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so yummy. I am definitely going to try this recipe over the summer. I am featuring this at todays link party! Wahoo!
    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/06/thursdays-temptation-23-fabulous.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious! I'm planning next month's menu & you've given me an idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is great. Found you via the live laugh linky. I have linked in a beef dish. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious! I love to try new recipes. :) Thanks for sharing! Visiting from Between Naps on the Porch. Hope you'll stop by my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks awesome - I love chicken salad so I have to try this :o)
    Thanks for linking up this week!
    Stacey o Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would you be happy to link this in to my Chicken Edition of Food on Friday? This is the link .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super that you linked this in. Have a great week.

      Delete