Thursday, June 28, 2012

Strawberry Sangria at Mom's Night Out

I hosted "Mom's Night Out" at my house last Thursday.  

Ellen helped me make brownies.  


Not just any brownies, but Barefoot Contessa brownies.  Let's just say they are called "outrageous" for a reason.  :)


For drinks, I made a summer strawberry sangria, inspired by this recipe.


Here's what your need to make and to enjoy this summer cocktail:

1 750 mL bottle of pinot grigio
1/2 cup strawberry liquor
1/4 cup sugar

Mix everything together until sugar is dissolved.  Chill for 1 - 4 hours.  Serve over ice with a squeeze of lime in each glass.  Makes 5 servings.  (I doubled this recipe.) 


Cheers!


Linking here.  



7 comments:

  1. You have the cutest munchkin! :D And I'll have to try those brownies sometime soon.

    Kisses,
    Roudi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that first pic! So cute! Sounds like a fun ... and yumny ... time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good, I don't think I have ever had Strawberry flavored liquor, and I have had my fair share of cocktails ;)
    Your daughter is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making these tonight. And probably tomorrow. haha. Thanks for the recipe :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun 'night out'!!



    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet those brownies were good! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ellen is seriously so precious!!! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow at 8pm MDT for this week's party! :) -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete